How Quality Automation Services Can Relieve the Terror!
By Perry A. Kuznar, PE
Client Services Manager
Are You Dr. Smith?
A long time ago, there was a great sci-fi show called Lost in Space. I am referring to the original from the 1960s.
A crew of family members and a conniving cast-away are hopelessly lost in space. The castaway, Dr. Zachary Smith, sabotages the mission guidance system before liftoff from Earth. He unwittingly traps himself on the fateful spaceship and launches into space.
I was a young kid but loved the show. The Robot, the Jupiter II Spaceship, and the Chariot land rover were favorites. Even back then it was a bit campy at times, but hey, who knows what actually-goes-on in other galaxies.
“Oh, the Pain!”
Looking back on old episodes today, I laugh at the crudeness and the way things worked. But, Dr. Smith, the cowardly antagonist, had to live and function in that environment. Many a time he was terrified by what he came across. He screamed for the mission’s lumbering robot or a crew member with a cheesy ray gun to save him from danger.
Do you feel like Dr. Smith when you are working with your process systems?
From Lost in Space to Setting the Pace!
Excel Engineering’s Controls and Automation Services
Unlike Dr. Smith, you are not lost in space! You can summon a guide to help navigate the metaphorical meteorite fields threatening your processes.
Our controls and automation team offers a menu of services to avoid destruction and accomplish your mission.
- Instrumentation Design and Specification
- System Hardware and Software Specifications
- Control System Electrical Design for New Systems and Old System Upgrades
- Process System Design and Definition
- Installation Design and Contract Administration
- P&ID Drawing Development
- Hazardous Area Instrumentation
- Process Power Distribution
- Communications and Network Design
- Control System Architecture
- Turnkey Systems Integration
- Control System Electrical Design
- PLC Programming
- Loop Tuning
- HMI Development
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Historical Data Capture and Reporting
- Conveyor Systems
- Continuous Chemical Processing
- Chemical Storage
- Chemical Batching
- Turbine Control
- Utility Monitoring
- Web Line Control
- Weigh Belt Feeders
- Tank Farm Automation
- Variable Speed Drives and Servos
- Pumping and Distribution
- Rockwell Automation
- Emerson DeltaV
- Fischer Rosemount Provox
- Schneider Electric
- Moore APAC
- S88/Batch archt./design/implementation
- System life-cycle document design/dev.
- Commissioning and qualification document development/review/execution
- Protein-based therapies cell culture, purification, and media/buffer
- Stainless steel and single-use technology
- CIP cycle design, development, and commissioning
- Change management/control scope definition, review/approval/execution.
- WFI Distribution
- DI Distribution
- Buffer Prep/Hold
- Media Prep
- Transfer Panels
- Cell Culture
Bring in Complimentary Disciplines
Our Controls and Automation business is part of our Electrical Engineering consultancy. We can tie other disciplines into the project to enhance our niche work.
- Our facilities electric design team can design the main power distribution from unit substations to motor control centers.
- Our arc flash group can provide UL certification and power monitoring capabilities.
Using Excel Engineering’s Controls and Automation services gives you quality results when you need them. This is especially true with tight deadlines.
Costs are much less than adding internal personnel to handle extra workload. Your core group handles the base-load work. We take care of the overflow/project work. This is key to cost-effective results.
Your Controls and Automation Guide is Ready When You Are!
Excel Engineering has been a trusted advisor and guide to our clients for 30 years! We assist Industrial Manufacturers and Power Utility Companies with consulting expertise in the following disciplines:
- Controls and Automation Engineering for Processes
- Electric Design for Facilities and Processes
- CAD Services
- Contingent Workforce Personnel
- Arc Flash Studies
- Electric Power Systems Studies
- Electric Transmission Systems Studies
- Electrical Safety Training
We work with you to turn challenging projects into high-value outcomes. Invite us to look at your situation. We offer valuable solutions. These will speed up your business, improve your bottom-line, and relieve stress. You and your team can focus on running your business.
Click here now to submit your request for Controls and Automation Services. It is easy and takes just a couple minutes.